Remedies to Get Rid of Stink Bugs Naturally
Unfortunately for farmers and homeowners both, there is no silver bullet to kill stink bugs organically or otherwise. But there are a few things you can do to keep stink bugs out of your house naturally.
All Natural Pest Control.
Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Garden
Crush and destroy any eggs and nymphs you find. Or use warm soapy water to spray them off and kill the stink bugs without chemicals.
How to Get Rid of Stink Bugs with Essential Oils
To kill stink bugs using essential oils, mix up to 1/4 teaspoon of rosemary, thyme, or tea tree oil in a 16oz. sprayer with a few drops of dish soap.
Wearing gloves and face protection, spray as many live adults directly as you can find. Check around SW facing doors, windows, tree trunks, and undersides of leaves. NOTE: Always test an inconspicuous area before spraying man-made surfaces to avoid costly staining disasters.
Reapply over the Spring or Fall as needed.
Home Remedies for Stink Bugs
• A more extreme solution is to paint your home a darker color. Brown marmorated stink bugs and box elder beetles love to bask in the heat reflecting off white or lightly colored paint.
• Turn off your porch light at night. Outdoor lighting attracts more stink bugs.
Stink Bug Control Portland
- Need stink bug control in Portland OR?
- Call 971-231-9945 to schedule a stink bug service. Our stink bug services include:
- Precision treatment with a natural product that’s safe for people, pets & pollinators.
- Garden pest control
Stink Bug Lure Traps DIY
This person used a 2 liter bottle and a battery powered light to trap brown marmorated stink bugs indoors. But don’t try this outdoors unless you want a trap full of moths, which can be pollinators and considered beneficial.
Trapping brown marmorated stink bugs can be tricky because consumer pheromone technology is still in development. Beware consumer products and read reviews before purchasing.
Hopefully soon pheromone traps for BMSB will be more effective and available.
Click to Get Rid of Stink Bugs.
This is great news for brown marmorated stink bug control in Oregon. Since samurai wasps naturalized from some unknown introduction, and were NOT intentionally released, there is hope they will rescue us from this invasive problem.
Stink Bug Management
- Brown marmorated stink bugs are a serious pest of homes and crops.
- They disperse great distances in large numbers, but are generally a seasonal issue, so they should be tolerated where possible.
- If you need help with integrated pest management for stink bugs, please call Pest & Pollinator LLC today.